[XeTeX] Kerning flaw with MinionPro & XeTex <xetex at tug.org>

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Feb 6 16:37:07 CET 2011

Am 06.02.2011 um 15:44 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> Hmmm... I thought 1ex was the height of an `x', not it's width,
> which makes measuring a width using ex's is kind of strange.

A dimension or length is a dimension or length. Do you give the size
of a box in ex \times em? Is a height inch shorter than a length inch?
And what is the measure of a depth? 6 feet, like in graves?

Anyway, lower case x are mostly as high as wide. (More perfect than
o's.)

--
Greetings

   Pete

A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems.
				– Erdős Pál