[XeTeX] Kerning flaw with MinionPro & XeTex <xetex at tug.org>

Alessandro Ceschini alessandroceschini.it at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 14:02:49 CET 2011

-2ex is OK, it looks remarkably like the output FontForge proposes.
To John: I don't think there should be copyright infringements, as I'm
modifying output, not the font per se. And what's more it's XeTeX that
gets it wrong, by apparently ignoring the *right* kerning set by font
designers. What I'm trying to do is just a workaround to remedy
deficiencies in XeTeX.
Now, back to the "kerning=mykerns", I heard about a mycrotypography
package, could it be of use to me? Since,as I told you all, this
combination occurs very frequently--and my book is quite long--if I
could put this setting in the prologue, I could spare myself a big waste
of time.
Thank you all for helping me so far.