[XeTeX] no small caps in GNU FreeSerif font?

Steve White stevan.white at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 11 23:39:21 CET 2011

Hi Daniel,

> I cannot get small caps when using the OpenType GNU FreeSerif
> (regular) typeface. But it is a little hard to believe that it is
> really not available. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? (see
> below code and/or attachments):

The 2010 release of FreeSerif does not contain tables or glyphs for small caps.
However, these were added the day after the 2010 release, and will be
present in the next release of
GNU FreeFont.

However, so far I'm the only one to have tested these features, and
I'm not sure how you mean to use them.
If you're interested, I can get you a snapshot, and you can debug it.
That would be very helpful!

Cheers!