[XeTeX] (Xe)TeX Live after update: Upright font found, but not italic - Huh?

Andy Lin kiryen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 22:11:06 CET 2011

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 01:40, Keith J. Schultz <keithjschultz at web.de>
wrote:> Anyway, after that he loads babel! I am almost sure first load
font spec, polyglossia and then babel is> likely to cause some weird
side effects.
Yeah, it's really easy to miss package conflicts when using LyX. I
actually started using LaTeX through LyX (and this was years ago,
before I'd even heard of XeTeX), and because it didn't support the
packages I was using, almost everything I did was in ERT (evil red
text). So I ended up just editing the tex files by hand. Which was
fine, until someone else edited it using LyX and added other
packages...

I forget what xltxtra loads, but I think it loads fontspec, xunicode
at least, so those two package calls can also be deleted.

-Andy