[XeTeX] tabular in footnote

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Dec 4 17:37:51 CET 2011

Am 04.12.2011 um 12:51 schrieb Daniel Greenhoe:

> The purpose of the tabular
> footnotes is for citation information. I like verbose citations; I do
> not like seeing a reference with just a [1] and then I have to fish
> around in the nether regions of the book to get any clue as to what
> reference it refers to.

You have two more options: a hyper-link into the appendix (with an explicit back/return element for dumb PDF viewers) or a pop-up that presents the table when the mouse cursors hovers over the reference.

In a book I'd use flaps of paper with the referenced data. Using two picking belts allows to sort the page you're just reading and that one in the appendix which contains the referenced data. Just two more options.

--
Greetings

  Pete

When Richard Stallman goes to the loo, he core dumps.