[XeTeX] Pagenote and index

Peter Baker psb6m at virginia.edu
Sun Dec 4 15:15:50 CET 2011

Not (I think) a XeTeX-specific query, but as this is the only TeX list I
subscribe to I thought I'd try here:

It appears that with the pagenote and index packages it is impossible to
put an \index command inside a \pagenote. The program dies while
processing the .ent file with the message "File ended while scanning use
of \noteentry."

Does anyone here have any experience working with endnotes that have to
be indexed? Is there a workaround, or another package that would work
better (the "endnotes" package doesn't appear to do as much).

Thanks,
Peter