[XeTeX] Diacritics in color

Tobias Schoel liesdiedatei at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 2 20:06:36 CET 2011

As a teacher I can think of some more Applications. Of course, these are
pedagogical:

Teaching scripts to beginners (learning to write a primary school,
learning to write in a different script when learning another language
(or even in the same language: Mongol?):

You might want to color single parts of a glyph in order to highlight
them. So, for example in a handwritten (see
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schulausgangsschrift or english equivalents
I haven't found in the time) "a" the beginning or end-strokes might be
colored.

Of course the font creator has to create sub-glyphs or other fancy
stufff, but XeTeX should allow (re)composition of the glyph with
different colors.

bye

Toscho