[XeTeX] Diacritics in color

Karljurgen Feuerherm kfeuerherm at wlu.ca
Fri Dec 2 18:02:21 CET 2011

Thanks, Khaled.

I realize the limitations etc.--just thought I'd note that these things
are in some measure possible, if one wishes to implement them (not that
one 'should', necessarily). In particular with regards to some recent
posts, I seem to remember that glyph sub-definition was not limited to
horizontal slices, either: one could define sub-bounding boxes of
whatever type. (And with WorldPad, the cursor could be placed within
glyphs, too, I think...)

>>> On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at  7:34 PM, in message
<20111202003413.GE7306 at khaled-laptop>, Khaled Hosny
<khaledhosny at eglug.org>
wrote:
> OpenType has ligature caret info (in GDEF table) but is less
flexible
> than what Graphite offers (only horizontal position is provided) and
> very few fonts, if any, have it.
>
> Regards,
>  Khaled
>
> On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 01:56:45PM -0500, Karljurgen Feuerherm
wrote:
>> I seem to recall from the days when I was doing demos/mock-ups for
the
>> cuneiform encoding proposal that SIL's graphite/WorldPad combo
allowed
>> one to do things of this sort; it involved specifying sub-areas in
>> special font tables, which the software of course had to know
about.

>> Not sure whether that's useful to this discussion, but thought I'd
>> mention it.

>> > In this case FireFox colourises half of resulting ff ligatures
(1/3
>> in
>> > ffi etc), I'm not sure how this is done or if it is possible with
PDF