[XeTeX] specifying two fonts

Nathan Sidoli nathan.sidoli at utoronto.ca
Thu Dec 1 15:54:43 CET 2011

There are various ways you can do this.

If I were doing it, I would probably put something like the following in
the preamble:

\setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{MainFont}
\newfontfamily{\G}[Scale=1]{GreekFont}%
\newfontfamily{\C}[Scale=1]{ChineseFont}%

And then in the text I would put all Greek text in a {\G } and all
Chinese text in a {\C }, that way, if you want to change the font later
on, you can just toggle the fonts in the preamble. This gives you the
option of changing the main font independently of the Greek font. Also,
you may want to scale the fonts a bit so they look good together.