[XeTeX] analogues of \pdfobj?

Oleg Parashchenko olpa at uucode.com
Tue Aug 30 12:19:51 CEST 2011

Hello again,

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 12:32:14 +0200
Heiko Oberdiek <heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> * \pdfobj useobjnum/pdfobj: Objects can be constructed by
>     \special{pdf:object ...}
>     \special{pdf:put ...}
>     \special{pdf:close ...}
>     \special{pdf:stream ...} (dvipdfmx)
>     \special{pdf:fstream ...} (dvipdfmx)

My idea was to implement one-pass "part K of N" functionality for
multipage tables. With pdftex it is easy, at least the test code works:

%%%
\pdfobj reserveobjnum {}
\mathchardef\num\pdflastobj

\edef\ppp{\noexpand\pdfliteral{BT [\the\pdflastobj\space 0 R]TJ ET}}
\def\para{Counter++. The final value is \ppp\par}

\para
\para

\immediate\pdfobj useobjnum\num {(test)}
%%%

Thanks to your suggestions, I thought that I could make a similar trick
with DVIPDFMx, but so far no solution is found, despite I tried several
different approaches. For further assistance, a letter ot the DVIPDFMx
mailing list is sent.

--
Oleg Parashchenko  olpa@ http://uucode.com/
http://uucode.com/blog/  XML, TeX, Python, Mac, Chess