[XeTeX] Critical edition of an Arabic poem with ednote and bidipoem.sty

Jens Bakker jbakker at uni-bonn.de
Wed Aug 24 15:03:37 CEST 2011

Dear Christopher Braun,

Unfortunately, I am not well versed in the use of XeLaTeX/LaTeX and I have not been able to work on a critical edition for some time, but I can provide a kind of example for XeLaTeX which makes use of the package "manyfoot" and of course "bidi" by the way of "polyglossia", and which may be useful for you after modifications. To run this source file it is necessary to have the free font "Scheherazade" installed, or to choose another Arabic font in line 24 of the file, in the command: \newfontfamily\arabicfont[Script=Arabic,Scale=1.6]{Scheherazade}.

In the documentation of the package "Arabxetex" you can find some suggestions for critical editions.

With best wishes and best regards,
Jens Bakker