[XeTeX] xparse fails

Vafa Khalighi vafa018 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 00:41:37 CEST 2011

Also did you update the all packages or you just updated some of packages?
It also maybe that xparse needs another package, you have now the new
version of xparse which uses new control sequences from another package, but
that package has not been updated yet so you have an old version of the
package and some of the commands in xparse are undefined!

Ok, I got it, see

(/opt/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/

> tex/latex/l3packages/xparse/xparse.sty

and

This is XeTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.3-0.9997.5 (TeX Live 2011)

somehow you have two installation of TL (2009 and 2011) and that is what
causes the problem.