[XeTeX] Your advice for generation of tables/forms with decorations?

Kārlis Repsons karlis.repsons at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 11:18:42 CEST 2011

What would people of this list recommend on this topic:

How to generate a table, which has numerous custom decorations? I mean, some
external, curved frame lines and similar internals, also a bit of embedded
graphics...
Perhaps using some EPS-converted graphics, but maybe also writing
with something like MetaPost, not sure.
I also wonder about pdf forms: could those be used to enter part of the output
data and calculate the rest within pdf, then print?

Just where to start and what is known to be of a good use...