[XeTeX] unicode characters not showing in xelatex

Jacobo Myerston jmyerston at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 19:48:46 CEST 2011

So far I have solved the problem of the subscripts using Linux Libertine and \usepackage[no-sscript]{xltxtra}. Linux Libertine has unicode subscript numbers, but does not have some characters I need as superscripts, for example š. The only problem that remains is the half bracket which is only present in Geneva and DejaVu.

The DejaVu fonts are broken in my system. MacOS 10.6.7.  Xelatex get into a segmentation fault when I try to load them, a problem that does not seem to exist in Linux. This is a shame because this is the only font that has all the characters I need.

So far I have been unable to implement John's solution:

\catcode"2E22=\active
\def⸢{\leavevmode {\Geneva \char"2E22}}

Do I have to load this font first? There is any code I have to add beside this?

Jacobo

The o