[XeTeX] unicode characters not showing in xelatex

Jacobo Myerston jmyerston at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 21:29:12 CEST 2011

My preamble reads:

\usepackage{fontspec,xltxtra,xunicode}
\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
\setmainfont[Ligatures=TeX, Mapping=tex-text]{Linux Libertine O}
\newfontfamily\greek{Times New Roman}
\newfontfamily{\akk}{Linux Libertine O Italic}
\newfontfamily{\sux}[Letters=SmallCaps]{Linux Libertine O}
\newfontfamily{\Cun}{Akkadian}

All these fonts work in osx apps. Libertine works for me better than Times New Roman in xelatex: it displays the subscript unicode numbers, but not some special brackets used for critical editions: ⸢ and ⸣. I also get a segmentation fault when trying to use DeJaVu Sans fonts.

Jacobo

}