[XeTeX] when one needs more than XeTeX+OT fonts?

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Apr 15 13:07:02 CEST 2011

Kārlis Repsons wrote:

> I didn't intend asking anyone to remove compatibility. Just looking from the
> current perspective and trying to understand why, according to Philip, I drive
> a VW Beetle...

No no : /we/ (the existing user base of TeX, PdfTeX, etc., ...) drive
the VW Beetle (or, in my case, a SAAB 9000); /you/ learned to drive
in a Daimler Chrysler Maybach and therefore have no need of anything
simpler.

** Phil.