[XeTeX] Text output garbled after system update -- your ideas?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Apr 14 11:13:35 CEST 2011

Am 14.04.2011 um 10:43 schrieb Kārlis Repsons:

> Any advice?

Rebuild all font caches with the (fc-cache) -v option to see actually
which font files are used. Then make sure that each font (file) is
unique, no duplicates are allowed because xe(la)tex can find this and
its output driver dvipdfmx the other version.

Can you use another PDF viewer to check whether only *display* is
garbled and not the PDF?

--
Greetings

   Pete

Email is a wonderful thing for people whose role in life is to be on
top of things. But not for me; my role is to be on the bottom of
things. What I do takes long hours of studying and uninterruptible
concentration.
				– Donald Knuth