[XeTeX] Two font data problems -- newbie question

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Apr 13 00:22:03 CEST 2011

Am 12.04.2011 um 02:25 schrieb Dan Drake:

> Running Mac OS 10.5.8
> I reloaded the latest texlive release the other day; when I first
> saw the problem, it was on a 2009 release.

Update to TeX Live 2010 (it has an up-to-date version of the microtype
package) and then get an HZ enabled XeTeX binary from here: http://xetex.tk/mediawiki/index.php/Pre-built_binaries_for_xetex_with_support_for_margin_kerning
. Rebuild the formats (sudo fmtutil-sys --byengine xetex)!

On this basis you can add to your XeLaTeX file:

	\usepackage[verbose]{microtype}

and the micro-typographic features will probably reduce the horizontal
overruns.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Inside every small problem is a large problem struggling to get out.
				– Second Law of Blissful Ignorance