[XeTeX] change bars

maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Thu Apr 7 20:26:08 CEST 2011

On Mon, 4 Apr 2011 10:54:53 +0200, Susan Dittmar <Susan.Dittmar at gmx.de>
wrote:
> Quoting Mike Maxwell (maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu):
>> Is there a way with xe(la)tex to display change bars (those vertical
>> lines in the margins marking text that's changed)?
>
> I do not know the answer to your question, as I do not work with
changebar.

> But if you don't find a solution there, you could have a look at boites
> instead.

Thanks for the pointer--unfortunately, the documentation says "Floating
material, footnotes, marginpars appearing inside them will be lost."  And
we definitely need floats (tables, figures, footnotes) to work with this.

I'm also assuming (this is addressed back to the list again) that it would
not be easy to modify xdvipdfmx to allow it to produce change bars in the
margin, and therefore to work with the changebar package.

I guess I'll have to figure out some alternative way to mark
changes--color, underlining, line-out, or some such.

   Mike Maxwell