[XeTeX] change bars

Susan Dittmar Susan.Dittmar at gmx.de
Mon Apr 4 10:54:53 CEST 2011

Dear Mike,

Quoting Mike Maxwell (maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu):
> Is there a way with xe(la)tex to display change bars (those vertical
> lines in the margins marking text that's changed)?

I do not know the answer to your question, as I do not work with changebar.

But if you don't find a solution there, you could have a look at boites
instead. Here is an example, untested (no xetex here). The documentation of
this package is not too bad, though it is inside the package itself. In
case you have problems with the french comments in this package, I have a
translation to english. Just ask for it in case you are interested.

\documentclass{report}
%\listfiles
\usepackage{ifxetex}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\usepackage{boites,boites_exemples}
% The package boites defines the necessary toolkit. The package
% boites_examples contains the environment boitenumeroteeavecunedoublebarre
% which uses this toolkit. You can easily define the changebar's shape
% yourself working along the exaples there.

\newcommand{\cbstart}[1]{\begin{boitenumeroteeavecunedoublebarre}{}}
\newcommand{\cbend}[1]{\end{boitenumeroteeavecunedoublebarre}}

\begin{document}
foo
\cbstart{}baz\cbend{}
bar