[XeTeX] XeTeX in lshort[slightly OT]

Keith J. Schultz keithjschultz at web.de
Tue Sep 28 09:50:53 CEST 2010

Heh, Michiel and Khaled,

Slow a minute take a deep breath.
No need to get nasty!

TeX and the use thereof is quite intimidated at first.
Their is a big learning curve. That goes also using editors
that work with the TeX-System. One has to learn to use
each properly. This is the biggest reason that TeX is not the
killer typesetting program.

What the optimal for a user is a matter of taste. If their is a
optimal solution for an OS.

I can remember having to have a program for editing and
running tex and another for viewing the typeset document.
We have come a long way.

If a newbie wants to harness the power of Xe(La)TeX, s/he
is going to have to learn to harness the power of a integrated
system or learn how to integrate the different programs and
create o workflow.

TeXWorks is about as simple as it can get. I prefer TeXShop.
I use to use ITeXMac, but development has stalled.

regards
	Keith.