[XeTeX] Polyglossia, bidi and hyperref

Gildas Hamel gweltaz at ucsc.edu
Sun Sep 26 18:32:16 CEST 2010

* Vafa Khalighi (vafakhlgh at gmail.com) wrote:
  |>       ./test_qeiyafa.tex:22: Package bidi Error: Oops! you have loaded
  |>       package hyperr
  |>       ef after bidi package. Please load package hyperref before bidi
  |>       package, and th
  |>       en try to run xelatex on your document again.
  |>       See the bidi package documentation for explanation.
  |>       Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
  |>       Â ...
  |>       l.22 \begin{document}
  |>       ?
  |>
  |>     The error is saying that you have loaded hyperref after bidi. What
  |>     package does load bidi? certainly it is polyglossia so you have loaded
  |>     package hyperref after polyglossia and if you load hyperref before
  |>     polyglossia, then no error happens. So your example should be modified
  |>     into:

Thank you for the quick solution, Vafa.  When trying to load polyglossia after hyperref before, I did it only at the end of the preamble, believing hyperref should be loaded last or next to last. This didn't work well either. I didn't try your solution which is to load hyperref much earlier.
-- gildas