[XeTeX] font licenses and embedding

Mike Maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Sat Sep 25 04:27:29 CEST 2010

On 9/24/2010 11:37 AM, Ujjwol Lamichhane wrote:
> Maxwell,  Sorry! quite out of topic, is that Saṃskṛtā Devanāgarī font a
> ASCII hack font or Unicode based font ?

Now that you mention it, it might be--I didn't pay attention to the date
below.  I think the Unicode Devanagari block is pretty old, but it might
not be that old.

Anyway, I found other (Unicode) Devanagari fonts, I was just hoping
there was a way to tell license restrictions from otfinfo (without
firing up Font Forge, as Mike "Pomax" Kamermans suggested--I'm lazy, if
a command line tool can give me a quick answer, I prefer it :-)).

--
	Mike Maxwell
	maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
         "A library is the best possible imitation, by human beings,
         of a divine mind, where the whole universe is viewed and
         understood at the same time... we have invented libraries
         because we know that we do not have divine powers, but we
         try to do our best to imitate them." --Umberto Eco