[XeTeX] Extra trailing space in IPA font with xltxtra

Andy Lin kiryen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 20:37:40 CEST 2010

\scantokens is my fault. I noticed that the IPA support in xunicode
didn't work with the linguex package, and Ross suggested the use of
\scantokens. I haven't tried to use linguex with xunicode recently,
but to give you an idea of where it used to fail:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{xltxtra} %or xunicode
\usepackage{linguex}
\setmainfont{Charis SIL}
\begin{document}
\ex. \textipa{DOES THIS WORK?} %would give DOES THIS WORK? instead of
the textipa replacements

\end{document}

If it works with linguex, that's great. If not, and you need textipa
with linguex, I have a TECkit mapping I can upload that converts
uppercase and numeric input into their textipa forms.

-Andy