[XeTeX] manyfoot.sty problems after update to MacTex 2010

Talal Al-Azem talazem at fastmail.fm
Wed Sep 22 12:23:27 CEST 2010

Hello, I have just updated to MacTex/TexLive 2010. I am now trying to compile my document again, but am running into a problem.

I am using the ednotes package, which calls upon manyfoot.sty (which is installed as part of ncctools). I can see the ncctools folder in my 2010 tree. But for some reason, the console is giving me the following error:

/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/ednotes/ednotes.sty:730: No room f
or a new \count .
/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/ednotes/ednotes.sty:730: Missing n
umber, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                   \footinsA
l.730   \newfootnote[para]{A}