[XeTeX] (NOTABUG) Re: buggy hyphenation with fontspec-2.1

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Tue Sep 21 23:10:58 CEST 2010

On 09/21/2010 09:56 PM, Michiel Kamermans wrote:
> On 9/21/2010 12:45 PM, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> checking whether a clash between fontspec and babel in LuaLaTeX
>> (already reported at
>> http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/luatex/2010-August/001895.html), I have
>> just discovered new issues with this document:
>>
>> \documentclass{book}
>> \usepackage{fontspec}
>> \usepackage[german,spanish]{babel}
>
> Not sure if it solves things, but don't use babel with xe(la)tex. Use
> polyglossia.

Thanks for your help, Michael.

I'm afraid that polyglossia is not an option for me and I guess babel
shouldn't be clashing with fontspec-2.1.

But using the source contained at
http://tug.org/pipermail/luatex/2010-June/001603.html, I have realized
that hyphenation works fine with fontspec, but to get the \showhyphens
command to work I should load xltxtra package instead.

Sorry for the noise and thanks for your help,

Pablo