[XeTeX] If font under fontspec

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Tue Sep 21 15:28:28 CEST 2010

> Thanks for this, Will. This is exactly the kind of thing I wanted. I
> could use it to create a usable command that will 'fix' all subsequent
> instances of the font. If it's designed as a command for an end user,
> then the user can specify the exact set options.
>
> I think that this might be easier than defining a new fontspec option to
> fix a font, which would require redefining fontspec.

Purely from a production point of view: if you have a document for which
it is important the right fonts are available, making sure the fonts are
available to whomever needs to compile it might deserve consideration
too. So that rather than trying to "fix" the source, you throw a compile
error that the user does not have the prerequisite fonts to accurately
generate the document that was intended to be generated.

Just thinking along the original TeX idea that "If it compiles, the
result is the same for every system it successfully compiles on".

- Mike "Pomax" Kamermans
nihongoresources.com