[XeTeX] Multiple citation styles in a single document

Rik ribaldhacker at rik.users.panix.com
Mon Sep 20 20:24:28 CEST 2010

Gareth Hughes <garzohugo at gmail.com> wrote
in news:4C979776.40403 at gmail.com:

> I didn't realise that that field operated on localisation strings too.
> That's good news. However, I don't believe that it is able to change
> inner quotes (seeing as outer quotes should be of the bibliography
> language), or punctuation. In English, we write <title>: <subtitle> or
> this be controlled by use of the hyphenation field?
>
> Gareth.

It does handle French punctuation spacing.

I just started working with this today. I do not see localization of the
text strings, but I do see localization of the punctuation rules.

Oddly, I also now see blank lines after some entries. It happens only
with entries for which "hyphenation = <language>" (french and german) is
in the bib file, and only on some of those entries. It appears that when
last line is close to full, the bib entry gets stretched out to the right
margin (with horrid letterspacing to accomplish it) and a blank line
follows. For last lines that are shorter than some limit, this does not
happen.

--
Rik