[XeTeX] virtual keyboard question

Manfred Lotz manfred.lotz at arcor.de
Sun Sep 19 16:26:37 CEST 2010

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 15:37:00 +0200
Dominik Wujastyk <wujastyk at gmail.com>
wrote:

> You can use either Devanagari or romanisation as input and get
> Devanagari output.
>
> For some examples, see my blog posts
>
>    - http://cikitsa.blogspot.com/2010/07/xelatex-for-sanskrit.html
>
> and
>
>    -
>    http://cikitsa.blogspot.com/2010/09/xelatex-velthuis-encoding-and-palatal.html

Thanks for pointing me to your sites. Up to now I mostly used
transliteration and either preprocessor or mapping on the fly.

> About Ibus keboards, there are no graphical pop-up images, which is a
> pity, it's true.  But the configuration files, at least for m17n, are
> completely transparent and easy to read, and editable too.  So one
> can do a printout of the file and have it beside one until it's
> learned.   Being able to tweak these keymaps easily is a great
> advantage.

Aaah, it is good to know that the m17n config files are easy. I
haven't looked yet because the ibus menu told me that sanskrit is
harvard rd-kyoto and because I know hk I just used it.

I usually use something like this (saw it in one of Zdenek's example
files):
\newcommand\skt{\catcode`\~=12
           \fontspec[Script=Devanagari]{Sanskrit 2003}}

so that tilde doesn't bite me.

I didn't know RomDev.map which is quite interesting.

--
Thanks,
Manfred