[XeTeX] Let me get it straight...

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 21:01:51 CEST 2010

Looking at the file xltxtra.sty that is current as of today in TeXlive 2010
(version 2010/06/03 v0.5d) and grepping it for "Require", we find that it
includes the following commands:

\RequirePackage{ifluatex}
\RequirePackage{fontspec}[2010/05/14 v2.0]
\RequirePackage{ifxetex}
\RequireXeTeX
\RequirePackage{fontspec}[2010/05/14 v2.0]
\RequirePackage{xunicode}
\RequirePackage{metalogo}

So yes, if you have a version of xltxtra.sty from June this year onwards, it
does automatically load fontspec and xunicode if they aren't already loaded.

Best,
Dominik

Dominik Wujastyk