[XeTeX] Numbering in Devanāgarī while using XeTeX

Alastair M. Paterson TheDoc at WadiZaytoon.org
Sat Sep 18 18:28:44 CEST 2010

  Hi!

I've had a similar problem but wasn't sure whether it was a XeTeX issue
in your case, or whether the solution was specific to the particular
macros I was using, but this works for me.

You may have something like:

   \def\regular{"Kalimati:script=deva;+abvs;+blws;+calt;mapping=devnums"}

to define a font.

The key may be the 'mapping' option.

This refers to a couple of files that must have the same name as the
options and have the extension .map and .tec so in this case they would
be devnums.map and devnums.tec. Different systems may have different
versions of this with different names.

If you go to the location where XeTeX is installed, look for

<xetex directory>\fonts\misc\xetex\fontmapping

See if there is anything there that might be related to a Devanagari
mapping. If not, let me know. If there is, then write the filename into
the font definition as above.

Hope this helps.

Alastair (Kathmandu!)