[XeTeX] Thanks and Minor Bug Report

Marc van Dongen dongen at cs.ucc.ie
Sat Sep 18 15:01:07 CEST 2010

Dear all,

T H A N K S
Just a word of thanks for helping me out over the past few days.
I've almost managed to convert a document I'm working on to
fontspec/xelatex compatible code with support for non-standard
fonts. The only thing I have to do is add microtype support and
change some of the background colours.

You may find the result of the efforts at
 http://csweb.ucc.ie/~dongen/LaTeX-and-Friends-print.pdf.

B U G   R E P O R T

As far as I'm concerned there's a bug in xelatex (it works
with pdflatex). Specifically, the following code doesn't work.

\documentclass{minimal}

\usepackage{tikz}
\usetikzlibrary{spy}

\begin{document}
    \begin{tikzpicture}[spy using outlines={circle,
                        magnification=2,
                        size=2cm,
                        connect spies}]
        \draw (-36:0.8)
            \foreach \angle in {0,36,...,359} {
                -- (\angle:0.8)
                    (\angle:1.1) node {$\angle$}
                (0,0) -- (\angle:0.8)
        };
        \spy[red] on (162:1.0) in node[right] at (0,-2.5);
    \end{tikzpicture}
\end{document}

Regards,

Marc van Dongen