[XeTeX] Separate fonts for Latin and Greek with fontspec?

BPJ bpj at melroch.se
Fri Sep 17 12:36:43 CEST 2010

2010-09-17 10:51, Michiel Kamermans skrev:
> There are ways to automate the process, but I pretty much already
> wrote those, so I might as well put up the package I have sitting
> here... it's currently on
> projects.nihongoresources.com/downloadables/ucharclasses.tgz
> <http://projects.nihongoresources.com/downloadables/ucharclasses.tgz>.
> The package supports setting fonts for Unicode "blocks" as well as
> informal groups, so you will probably want to simply bind your
> fonts of choice to informal "Latin" and "Cyrillic" groups:

Nice!

My two worthless coins:

1. What about a command for defining arbitrary ranges?
    This would be useful if one mucks around in different
    subblocks of the PUAs, particularly.  Something like:

\setTransitionRange{<RangeStartNum>}{<RangeEndNum>}{<RangeStartCmds>}{<RangeEndCmds>}

     so that one could say e.g.:

          \setTransitionRange{57344}{57471}{\fontspec{MyOwnFont}}{}
          \setTransitionRange{57472}{57583}{\fontspec{MyOtherFont}}{}

     Looking at your setup I guess a (first) command giving a
     custom name for internal use to the range-as-class would
     be needed, but you get the idea.

2. If it would be possible to give the range numbers in the
    hexadecimal usually used to refer to Unicode codepoints
    would be even nicer!

Too bad BTW that "Phonetics" isn't definable as an informal group!

/bpj