[XeTeX] Problem with xltxtra

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Thu Sep 16 15:17:18 CEST 2010

Marc van Dongen wrote:

> In the following miminal example, \textvisiblespace breaks
> as, what appears to be, the result of xltxtra, which I need.
> (The font GaramondPremrPro is locally defined and does not
> have a meaningful glyph for a visual space.)
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Marc:

Try this after you make sure TeX Gyre Termes (or Bonum ... or Latin
Modern Roman, etc) is installed on your system. These fonts come with
TeXLive09 and TL10:

\documentclass{minimal}

\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\fontspec{GaramondPremrPro}
\setmainfont{GaramondPremrPro}

\newfontfamily\tgt[Scale=MatchLowercase]{TeX Gyre Termes}

\begin{document}
Do you know if {\tgt\textvisiblespace} this works?

\end{document}

HTH.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,