[XeTeX] wspr's realscripts & updated xelatex templates

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Tue Sep 14 20:49:40 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 10:44:06AM -0400, Joel C. Salomon wrote:
> I’ve not been following the recent back-and-forth regarding which
> XɘLaTeX packages are now obsolete, and which are compatible with LuaLaTeX.
>
> Right now my personal style files files have lines like these:
> 	\ifxetex
> 		\RequirePackage{fontspec, xunicode, xltxtra}
> 	\fi
> 	\ifluatex
> 		\RequirePackage{fontspec}
> 	\fi
> Am I missing something here?  Where does realscripts fit in?

Remove xltxtra, add realscripts (if you need its functionality, but
usually the fonts are broken so it does not work the way it should), now
if you need the extra logos, load one of the packages that provide
extra tex logos, hologo for example.

Fontspec loads xunicode for luatex (since it has to cheat to bypass the
xetex test, until Ross is confident enough that luatex can be
"officially" supported).

This all assumes your texlive packages match the latest on CTAN.

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Free font developer