[XeTeX] patach furtivum in biblical hebrew

Carsten Ziegert carsten_ziegert at sil.org
Tue Sep 14 15:50:38 CEST 2010

Thanks, David, that works well with the Contextuals in SBL Hebrew.

Actually, it does not work with Cardo, xelatex says:
Package fontspec Warning:
    OpenType feature 'Contextuals=Alternate' (+calt) not available
    for font "Cardo/ICU",
    with script 'Hebrew',
    and language 'Default'.

So I conclude that it has to be defined in the font. On the other hand,
why does it work with Ezra SIL "out of the box"? maybe someone can
enlighten me:
There are fonts using contextuals by default, fonts which require an
option for fontspec and fonts which do not use contextuals at all. Is
this right?

Thanks,
Carsten