[XeTeX] Newbie Question: Accessing Glyph

Marc van Dongen dongen at cs.ucc.ie
Tue Sep 14 08:36:54 CEST 2010

Alexander Schulthei? <aschulth at googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi alexander,

: The command you're probably looking for is \char"<hex> where <hex> is
: the hexadecimal number of the glyph in the font. You don't know the
: number? See below ...

Thanks.

: > I'd appreciate it if somebody could recommend a nice unix
: > tool that allows me to view the font tables? (I've googled
: > around a bit but I failed to find anything nice.)
:
: fontforge

Excellent. Even better, it was already installed on my
ubuntu box.

: P.S. fontforge is a font editor but it also tells you where the glyphs
: you are looking for are and what their hex numbers are. You could also
: try this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gucharmap, though.

Thanks. Yes, this is more what I needed. I installed the program
with apt-get and it works like a charm.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Marc van Dongen