[XeTeX] patach furtivum in biblical hebrew

David Purton dcpurton at marshwiggle.net
Tue Sep 14 06:39:46 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 06:40:23PM +0100, Carsten Ziegert wrote:
> can anybody tell me how to implement a patach furtivum? I copied a short
> passage from a Bible software supporting unicode but the "furtivum
> feature" got lost. The last patach is supposed to be shifted between
> chet and yod. I found no information about typing it in the
> documentation of my keyboard driver (Ezra SIL Unicode for SCIM/KMFL,
> Ubuntu Karmic).

You can do this with SBL Hebrew, but you need to tell fontspec to use
contextual alternatives.

Try

\newfontfamily\sbl[Script=Hebrew,Contextuals=Alternate]{SBL Hebrew}

Then the furtive patach should "just work".

cheers,

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton at marshwiggle.net

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a