[XeTeX] warning from polyglossia

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Mon Sep 13 15:59:22 CEST 2010

Hi ---

Yesterday, I'm happy to report, we were able to download and install
MacTeX2010. Many thanks to all the contributors and bright lights who
maintain and distribute, etc. etc. You are not forgotten in our prayers.

I'm getting a warning from polyglossia, however, that I hadn't seen
before. Up until now, I load the default language by:

\setdefaultlanguage[variant=us]{english}

and now polyglossia tells me:

Package polyglossia Warning: Unknown English variant `us' on input line 25.

But if I load:
\setdefaultlanguage[variant=uk]{english}

or:

or no option at all, no warning is given.

I've looked at the documentation, but it tells me what I'm loading is
correct --- and this is for v. 1.2.0.

Thanks in advance.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,