[XeTeX] Fontspec: Historic not Historical Ligatures?

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Sun Sep 12 16:07:28 CEST 2010

On 9/12/2010 6:47 AM, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> I know my English is severely suffering, but "historic ligatures" don't
> sound like a proper phrase, so I'm not sure what was the motivate behind
> the change.

It's a subtle difference, "historical" simple referring to "something
from the past", while "historic" implies some kind of historical
importance. Although I don't remember learning about any historic
ligatures in history class, pivotal in forming our shared past =)

- Mike "Pomax" Kamermans
www.nihongoresources.com