[XeTeX] XeTeX documentation "initiative"

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Wed Sep 8 14:45:01 CEST 2010

Hi Michel,

> Hello, as stated at the very beginning and the preface of the XeTeX Companion, I consider myself merely as a "maintainer" of that document. It was always my intention to make and keep this document freely available to all, at the same time inviting all those who would like to contribute to add material where they like.

True, apologies for not mentioning that in my own posts.

> At the moment the source uses some technically complex setup, due to history (accumulation of definitions and implementation hacks we used for the various editions of the three companions). The first thing perhaps would be to sanitize the markup by using, e.g., the memoir class (or whatever) so that everybody would have a common framework.
>
> I am open to any proposal the community might consider useful.

Hmm, for collaborative document writing I'm partial to dokuwiki, but
that's mostly because I've found it quite useful myself since it stores
all article text in flat .txt files instead of sticking it in some
database, making it easy to use as data repository in a document
production chain. What's the setup you're using?

- Mike