[XeTeX] XeTex and Japanese kunten and warichū

Atsuhito Kohda kohda at pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp
Sun Sep 5 14:34:22 CEST 2010

Hi Michiel,

On Sun, 05 Sep 2010 02:02:22 -0700, Michiel Kamermans wrote:

> Much like the gehzu package, why is this not on CTAN... it certainly
> doesn't help people not reinventing the wheel...

sfkanbun.sty is a package for pTeX only and pTeX is not
standard TeX at present (i.e. pTeX is not on CTAN untill
recently, further it is not in, for example, TeXLive 2009)
so it might be possible that an author of the package might
think it is unnecessary to upload a package on CTAN.

But now pTeX is in TeXLive 2010 and also there are standard
TeX engines which can handle Japanese well enough (XeTeX and
LuaTeX) so I think the situation will change in a near future.

Only my guess but I hope this could explain why this is
not on CTAN.

Regards,			2010-9-5(Sun)

--
 Debian Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda AT debian.org>