[XeTeX] XeTex and Japanese kunten and warichū

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Fri Sep 3 15:19:06 CEST 2010

> For vertical text and warichu, you can use the gezhu [1] package by
> Yin Dian. I'm not sure about kunten though.
>
> - Jiang
>
> [1]http://code.google.com/p/gezhu/

Hmm, interesting. Sadly, gezhu doesn't behave that well for me, giving
oddly sized text in the 'warichuu'/gezhu sections. Perhaps Werner
Lemberg might be interested in adding similar functionality to the CJK
package. After all, if it's a CJKV language feature it shouldn't have to
require a package that isn't on CTAN  (or seemingly even maintained
since 2007)

Perhaps the ruby macros could be updated to deal with complex ruby at
the same time (to support both upper and lower guide text).

- Mike "Pomax" Kamermans
nihongoresources.com