[XeTeX] Change fonts for different environment/commands

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Sep 1 19:46:35 CEST 2010

Marcin Grotomirski wrote:

> Here is my example:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \pagestyle{empty}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \setmainfont{Andika Basic}
> \renewcommand{\footnote}{{\addfontfeature{Color=666666}}}
> \begin{document}
> This is my footnote\footnote{Not so long footnote}
> \end{document}

I fear that after \renew'ing \footnote as you have done,
it will no longer generate footnotes (the old meaning will
be lost).  Perhaps you would do better to define (say)
"\myfootnote" to expand to your "\addfontfeature"
and then pass control to the original "\footnote".

Philip Taylor