[XeTeX] Change fonts for different environment/commands

Marcin Grotomirski grotos at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 19:24:05 CEST 2010

> Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:27:53 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Wilfred van Rooijen <wvanrooijen at yahoo.com>
> I think you will have to redefine all those parts of the environments dealing with fonts. Can you send a minimal example of what you want to achieve? In my case, \addfontfeature yields "undefined control sequence".
>
> There are many packages which already take care of these things for you, such as caption, ccaption, caption2 for captions, and similar packages for footnotes.
>
> Regards,
> Wilfred

Here is my example:

\documentclass{article}
\pagestyle{empty}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont{Andika Basic}
\renewcommand{\footnote}{{\addfontfeature{Color=666666}}}
\begin{document}
This is my footnote\footnote{Not so long footnote}
\end{document}

However I am not 100% sure if \renewcommand syntax is proper (I tried
inserting "[]", but it gives strane results).

I know there are some packages (titlesec, etc) but I would like to see
something similar to CSS - declaration for environments in the head of
document.

Regards,
Marcin