[XeTeX] Converting math symbols via xetex

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Sep 1 14:03:27 CEST 2010

On Aug 31, 2010, at 8:26 PM, Fr. Michael Gilmary wrote:

> Herbert Schulz wrote:
>

>> Putting together a rather trivial file based on the preamble that was given (well, I had to use the article class but everything else worked fine)
>

> I have no idea what the llncs doc class is either!
>

>> and including both of the characters directly and via the math equivalent it all just worked.
>>

> ... and it seems that with Tiger (which we run here), there's still that occasional weird phenomenon of parts or even all of a pdf not being visible. I found that it does work, as you say.

Howdy,

If they show up with Adobe Reader but not with Preview it is most likely a font cache problem. I suggest getting Onyx (Tiger Version) from <http://www.titanium.free.fr/download.php?sid=2489158657a9ff4f563bcb032b622824> and use it to clean the font cache.

Are you using an older equation editor?

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)