[XeTeX] Converting math symbols via xetex

Shrisha Rao shrao at nyx.net
Wed Sep 1 03:37:42 CEST 2010

El sep 1, 2010, a las 6:56 a.m., Fr. Michael Gilmary escribió:

> Herbert Schulz wrote:
>

>> Putting together a rather trivial file based on the preamble that was given (well, I had to use the article class but everything else worked fine)
>

> I have no idea what the llncs doc class is either!

It is a class file provided by Springer for the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series.  Many CS conference proceedings published in the LNCS series, etc., are written using it.  See http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0 for more.

The original questions may in fact be somewhat moot, in the sense that the Springer editors do not, to the best of my knowledge, use or allow XeLaTeX, and will not allow things like fontspec and \setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Times} which could override the LNCS default settings.  What they expect is a plain LaTeX file with whatever llncs.cls provides.

Regards,

Shrisha Rao