[XeTeX] Converting math symbols via xetex

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Sep 1 02:51:52 CEST 2010

On Aug 31, 2010, at 6:09 PM, Fr. Michael Gilmary wrote:

> Herbert Schulz wrote:
>

>> Are you sure that Times has the $\neg$ symbol?
>>

> Well, what I can run here (MacTeX09), Times has ¬ and  φ as well ... but they don't get produced using the math mode $\neg$ and $\phi$. Below is a screen shot of the text of the post as the doc.
>
> It seems also not to make a difference with fontspec's option [no-math].

Howdy,

Putting together a rather trivial file based on the preamble that was given (well, I had to use the article class but everything else worked fine) and including both of the characters directly and via the math equivalent it all just worked.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)