[XeTeX] ERROR Invalid glyph index (gid 2448)

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Wed Oct 27 16:16:34 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 04:14:27PM +0200, Pander wrote:

> Ubuntu Maverick installation provided me /again/ with ttf-freefonts and
> that was the cause of the ambiguous situation. After doing a sudo rm -f
> /usr/share/fonts/truetype/freefont/* all is sane again.
>
> It inspired me to report these:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ttf-freefont/+bug/667242
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ttf-freefont/+bug/667240
>
> Feel free to login to in on launchpad and select "Yes, it affects me" ;)

My experience with Ubuntu is that they will never provide a fix with
such issues (technically speaking, this is not a bug, if some package
require FreeFont then Ubuntu have to install it). But if there is ever
a chance for this issue to be solved, will be by reporting it against
Debian which have the real package maintainers.

> While you are at it, little bit (un)related, also vote for:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fontforge/+bug/627537

I fail to see what is the issue here, FontForge never provided DEB
packages nor that Debian/Ubuntu ever ship upstream built packages, so
that announcement changes nothing. Also it is not generally wise idea to
build a package from random CVS snapshot, you should instead ask
upstream to make a new release if you think the last release is too old.

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny