[XeTeX] Font Warning Font shape Vollkorn it undefined

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Oct 25 17:57:41 CEST 2010

Am 25.10.2010 um 17:17 schrieb Pander:

>> Fc-cat lists a TrueType font file...
>
> Get the newer OTF files from the link in the initial post.

Honestly, me, I don't want these files. But maybe you want to clean
your system from having more than one version of the font.

>> The fontspec documentation describes how to set up a "font family"
>> from individual files or variants. Maybe it's the space between each
>> name component instead of a dash or melting them together as in
>> LMSans10-BoldOblique is causing this behaviour of fontspec.
>
> According to fontspec, all should be fine, and is fine for
> OpenOffice and
> Inkscape. It is XeLaTeX which cannot find two fwo of the four.

XeLaTeX can only find what fontspec determines with algorithms from
the data you pass to it. You could use \XeTeXtracingfonts=2 in the
preamble to see a bit more how XeTeX works with fonts.

--
Greetings

   Pete

One cannot live by television, video games, top ten CDs, and dumb
movies alone.
				– Amiri Baraka, 1999